Austin Aggie Moms Executive Board – Officer Positions and Duties 2023-2024
|President||● Preside at, call and set meetings.
● Perform all the duties of the office including: filing Federation reports, attending Federation and District meetings, calling Board meetings, reserving locations for events, Leader/Speaker at socials, attending Texas A&M invited events etc.
● Support/work with all committees/chairpersons.
● Facilitate the transfer of officer and standing committee procedure meetings and job responsibilities to the incoming board members.
● Appoint the chairwoman of each of the standing committees for President’s council.
|Vice President at|
|● Fill any vacancy until said vacancy is filled, as able.
● Serve on the Scholarship Committee.
● Serve as Chairwoman of the Nominating Committee.
● Serve as Chairwoman of Ambassadors.
● Assist the President as needed.
|President Elect||● Become familiar with the activities pertaining to the President’s duties. This is a learning year.
● Assist the President as needed.
● Collaborate with the President and VP of Membership on recruitment of members.
|1st VP Membership||● Create or update the Membership form and collect dues from new and returning members.
● Compile a listing of all paid members for the password protected online directory.
● Recruit new members.
● Complete necessary forms for Federation as they pertain to Active and Associate Members of our club.
● Keep records of all payments and work with the treasurer for accurate record keeping of all payments made through the Membership form.
|2nd VP Programs||● Coordinate with the President to plan speakers for each meeting.
● Host and introduce guest speakers at club meetings.
● Invite and host TAMU Reps for the Singing Cadets Concert Reception.
● Invite and host TAMU Reps for the New Student Howdy event
|3rd VP Social|
|● Plan with the President (and appropriate committee members) all club social events: Christmas Party, Howdy Social,new mom Events and other events that may be planned during the year.
● Plan and coordinate other social gatherings for our club monthly or as often as the Board decides.
● Oversee all aspects of Singing Cadet Concert cookie/ water donations and sales.
|● Help in managing and bringing ideas for raffles and other fundraisers to the Board.
● Oversee Raffle Ticket sales with Raffle Chair and VP Jewelry & Merchandise.
● Supervise and oversee committees pertaining to the Singing Cadets Concert: Singing Cadet Chair and Silent Auction. Work with these ladies to ensure venue arrangements and all other aspects of those positions are being handled and assist if needed.
● Help the Singing Cadet chair and Silent Auction Chair with troubleshooting any issues the day of the concert.
● This job requires the VP to be a ‘clearinghouse’ for information regarding fundraising.
|5th VP Jewelry||● Track and order inventory of the jewelry and merchandise as well as reporting and turning in of all monies.
● Sell jewelry and merchandise via mini Boutique at Aggie Mom Camp, April Boutique, online sales, meetings, Singing Cadets and other events.
● Oversee the management of the online store.
|6th VP- Ring of|
|● Serve as the liaison for the Austin Texas A&M University Mothers’ Club and Associate Members.
● Work with the VP of Membership to create or update the Ring of Honor membership form.
● Recruit Ring of Honor members.
● Plan and Coordinate Ring of Honor events.
|Recording Secretary||● Record the proceedings of all the Club and Board Meetings.
● Submit written minutes to the President within seven days after the meetings.
● Correct any reports following each board meeting, as needed.
|Treasurer||● Receive and disburse all monies (the President will fill in as needed).
● Make monthly and yearly financial reports, both to the board and to the president as requested.
● Keep records in QuickBooks and hard-copy notebooks of financial documentation.
● Take care of all financial aspects of club events.
● Work with membership on monies in and collaborate records.
● File reports with Federation as directed.
● Pay quarterly sales tax and file IRS Form 990.
President’s Council Committees and Descriptions (Appointed by President)
|● Led by the VP at Large, as long as they do not have an eligible student (In this case, the President should appoint a committee).
● Provide the General Membership and public with scholarship information, application and deadlines.
● Collect student applications, check eligibility, review content and rank applicants to receive merit scholarships based on the criteria set forth and approved by the board.
● Get Budget for scholarships from President & Treasurer
● Make recommendations to the Board at the May meeting for approval of dollar amounts to be awarded based on the budget.
|Parliamentarian||● Advise the Club in parliamentary procedure guided by the Bylaws and Robert’s Rules of Order as needed.
● Preside at Officer and Board meetings.
● Ensure quorum when voting will be held.
● Assist with By-law amendments or revisions when Board deems necessary.
|● Plan and arrange for food and drink at meetings and social gatherings.
● Track spending for the Hospitality team to stay within budget.
● Plan and arrange decorations at events as needed.
● Work with VP Socials & VP Programs to coordinate duties if a significant event is added to the calendar.
● Volunteer to work cookies and waters at Singing Cadets Concert if able.
|Corresponding Secretary||● Take charge of the correspondence and invitations as directed by the President.
● Send electronic birthday cards to students and other notes to members or students as appropriate.
|Historian||● Keep record of Club activities (Photos, flyers, written documentation).
● Ensure pictures are taken at each meeting and event and put in Google drive.
● Work with the Federation Historian to participate in Federation History Records.
● Work with the Cushing Library to preserve club history previously contained in hard copy notebooks and currently contained on the shared Google Drive.
|Fish Mom Committee||● Meet with our Fish Moms prior to regular meetings to educate Fish moms on different topics. Include resources for College Station and Galveston Students.
● Foster community and friendship between the Fish Moms and encourage them to be actively involved members and future leaders of our Club.
|Adopt A Mom Liaison||● Contact all adopted moms from out of state monthly.
● Send them newsletters and general meeting powerpoints.
● Obtain information about their student and the mom. Present the moms at the November meeting by powerpoint slide.
|Silent Auction Chair||● Meet with President and VP Fundraising to decide on raffle basket themes and silent auction items to target for the auction and raffle.
● Gather a committee to begin to reach out to businesses that would donate items for the auction.
● Put auction baskets together and set beginning bid prices for each.
● Ensure a protocol for check out procedures the day of the event.
|Singing Cadet Chair||● Work to secure a venue in conjunction with the VP Fundraising to make sure the contract denotes all items needed.
● Work with the Singing Cadet office to secure a date.
● Set up electronic ticket sales. Help sell concert tickets at meetings and online avenues. Get tickets to members that purchase them at meetings or when they signed up for membership.
● Coordinate on all expenses and budget items with VP Fundraising and Treasurer.
● Look for sponsor(s) willing to provide meals for Cadets on the day of the concert.
● Work with VP Fundraising & entire Board to secure sponsorships (You may also create a committee to help with this).
● Create a sign up to get volunteers for set up and day of event volunteers.
● Create a powerpoint and get it to the venue.
● Create a program and oversee the printing.
|Raffle Chair||● Provide input to the Executive Board who will determine raffles and dates to be held.
● Coordinate with VP Fundraising on all aspects of the raffle including the creation of graphics and promotional content for each raffle.
● Provide Social Media Chair with graphics and content.
● Reconcile weekly ticket sales with the VP of Jewelry and send email to
|● Work with President on opportunities for the club to give back and provide selfless service
● Coordinate service activities at least two times per year for members to participate in.
|Assistant Treasurer||● Willing to step into Treasurer role if elected.
● Assist the current Treasurer to provide consistency and guidance in the handling of the Club treasury.
|Assistant Jewelry Chair||● Willing to step into 4th VP of Jewelry position if elected.
● Assist the current 4th VP of Jewelry to provide consistency and guidance in the handling of Club jewelry inventory, ordering, recording sales and reconciling cash and credit card sales.
|Audit Chairperson||● Review practices and procedures of the treasury and provide additional oversight (2 other members will be on this committee).|
|Social Media Chair||● Focus on monitoring Social Media channels.
● Advertise all events of the club on Social Media channels.
● Work with Chairs of events to determine how advertising should be handled.
● Keep our club relevant and visible.
|Webmaster||● Maintain our Club website as needed to provide current information.
● Work with the Federation Information Officer on any improvements or changes that may be made to the website
|Nominating Committee||● Consists of the VP at-Large (Chairperson) and two committee members.
● Provide a full slate of officers to present to the membership for election.
|● Provide assistance to VP Membership as requested.
● Responsible for compiling, placing and distributing name tag orders.
● Order name tags from an approved printer.
|Ambassador||● Ambassadors work under the direction of the VP at Large.
● Promote the goodwill of the Austin Aggie Mothers’ Club.
● May be called on to volunteer during different events or on an as needed basis.